- Alex is driving his new car with FANCI system. He enables the Smart Dashboard functionalities. These are some of the functionalities he can now access:
- When he looks at a display it lights up, but as soon as he looks away (or few seconds after) it dims again.
- Some specific relevant/time-sensitive information is shown on the screen he is currently looking at (the information follows his eyes rather than being static on only 1 display).
- When a warning or a message (such as “broken tail light”, “low on gas” or an incoming message of some sort) appears in the cluster it is first shown in a large area of the display with an explanation of the alert. As soon as Alex has looked at it, showing that he has noticed and acknowledged the warning, it shrinks to the “normal” size of warning lamps or potentially disappears.
- The system also takes in consideration other contextual factors such as driving situation, relevance of warning and driver stress level before displaying a warning message that might stress or distract the driver.